What deals can we expect?
While the vast majority of discounts will only be announced from 12pm on Monday, Amazon have released information on a few discounts ahead of time. When Prime Day starts, the following offers will be available:
- The Kindle Paperwhite will cost just £74.99, down from £109.
- The Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet can be yours for £59.99, normal price £99.99.
- £40 off the Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet, which will be available for £89.99, down from £129.99.
- There will also be 30 per cent off Sony and Canon cameras and LG, Sony and Toshiba TVs.
- Click here to see the best deals currently available.
Are deals only available in the UK?
No. In 2017, Prime Day took place in 13 countries: the US, UK, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium and Austria. As the sales event is a huge success for the e-tailer, there may well be more in 2018.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a subscription service that gives you a host of benefits for an annual fee of £79 per year (or £7.99 per month).
- Free, unlimited one-day delivery on millions of items
- Access to thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video
- Two million songs with ad-free streaming on Prime Music
- A massive archive of books, magazine and comics with Prime Reading
- Exclusive discounts and memberships to online video game streaming site Twitch
- Unlimited photo storage
- Early bid access to limited time Lightning Deals
Prime Now refers to items that can be delivered within two hours. It is currently only available in Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Sheffield.
What are the levels of Amazon Prime membership?
- Prime: For £79 per year (or £7.99 if paying monthly) you can get access to all of the levels of Prime membership, from shopping to videos and music.
- Prime Video: This membership level offers unlimited video and film streaming on Amazon’s video service.
- Amazon Family: This type of membership includes all the benefits of Prime membership, as well as an additional 20pc off nappies and baby food.
- Amazon Student: This is a great deal (if you’re lucky enough to qualify). For just £39 per year users can get all the benefits of Amazon Prime, plus exclusive student deals – and the first six months are a free trial.
What other services do Amazon offer?
Amazon has continued to grow exponentially over the past few years and is the fourth most valuable company in the world, according to Statista. Its CEO Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the world. Last year, Amazon bought Whole Foods for $13.7bn.